Watch a video with course co-author Mike King and Topspin CEO Ian Rogers.
Topspin is a technology and data-driven, direct-to-fan marketing, management and distribution platform that is uniquely positioned to take advantage of the sea change in music marketing by providing musicians and managers with a complete suite of tools to connect directly with their fans to market, promote, and sell their music online.
In Online Music Marketing with Topspin, you’ll develop the online (and offline) marketing expertise necessary to properly execute your campaign using Topspin’s platform. We’ll discuss best practices with social media, branding considerations, niche marketing, building and supporting your fan base, your online sales strategy and creating successful offers, effective communication strategies, optimizing your online presence, alternative revenue options, connecting with new media outlets, integrating physical marketing into your overall campaign, how to use data and analytics to guide your campaign, and many more cutting-edge marketing strategies.
And, you’ll learn how to do it all using Topspin. You’ll explore its key features:
- a content management system that hosts your media assets
- a fan management system that collects, organizes, and analyzes fan data
- detailed reporting features
- e-mail management system, widget options, and more
All lessons are also supported with video tutorials on how to properly use Topspin’s software, as well as interviews with industry experts, interactive exercises, and readings from forward-thinking authors. By the end of the course, you’ll have mastered the intricacies of the Topspin platform, and have a fully timed, integrated, and optimized marketing plan that covers the areas you’ll need to consider when releasing your music to market using Topspin.
Please Note: This course is part of the three-course Topspin-Certified Marketer program. If you plan on taking this course as part of the Topspin certificate program, you will need to take the course For Credit.
By the end of this course, you will learn:
- the four major segments of online marketing, and how to effectively target these areas
- how the business of marketing operated in the past, and new ways forward
- to identify your target market, and connect with them in a meaningful way
- best practices with blogging, SEO, SEM, effective use of media online, and how to create a compelling website
- to create an offer strategy online based on your own goals, how to forecast potential sales, and effective product bundling strategies
- to use DTF techniques to acquire new fans
- how to use analytics to direct your campaign, what tools you should be working with, and how to accurately measure results of your online marketing campaigns
- best practices with 3rd party online retail and distribution partners
- to integrate your online and offline strategies, and effectively time your campaign
Any student who enrolls in this course will receive the Topspin Plus software free of charge for one year.